At Pevensey and Westham CE School we design our curriculum to reflect the needs and interests of our children. We believe that an enriched curriculum best supports our children and we look to make meaningful use of our local context and environment.
Our curriculum delivery is supported by consistent teaching and learning principles which include:
- having high expectations of all pupils
- ensuring high rates of pupil participation
- reviewing what has already been taught and building on this
- an emphasis on securing key vocabulary
- scaffolding learning into small steps
- is driven by our school vision and core Christian values
Short summaries guides of our curriculum for Years 1 to 6 can be found below:
We have developed subject specific progression maps which detail the learning of key concepts and knowledge across the subjects. These support children in the coherence and continuity of their learning. This knowledge enables pupils to build on previous learning and to deepen their understanding as they apply this to new contexts.
- Forest School
- Art and Design
- Design and Technology
- Physical Education
- Religious Education
- RSHE Life Skills